Miss Marshall's Shop, Main Street
c. 1960
Archives
Find it!
Photograph of Christine M. Marshall's shop on the Main Street in Busby.
Title:
Miss Marshall's Shop, Main Street
Date of work:
c. 1960
Search dates:
01 Jan 1960 - 31 Dec 1969
Reference number:
489
Level of description:
Item
Type of materials:
Graphic materials
Source:
Photograph cabinet - Busby
Access restrictions:
Unrestricted
Use restrictions:
UnrestrictedCopyright: East Renfrewshire Council
General notes:
The two shops and the building they are situated in were built by Hugh McLatchie, grocer. James Crum of Busby mills loaned Hugh £550 in February 1856, which he used for the construction. The shop on the right was Hugh's grocery and the one on the left with the single window was occupied by his sister-in-law Catherine Jessie Finnie who ran it as a drapers and milliners. Jessie's hats were very popular with the ladies of the village. Hugh McLatchie died on 10th January 1887. The property then consisted of the two shops and 23 houses.
Places:
Language:
English
Record number:
9260439
