Unveiling of John Robertson Memorial
1912
Archives
Find it!
A black and white photograph of the unveiling of the John Robertson memorial.
Title:
Unveiling of John Robertson Memorial
Date of work:
1912
Search dates:
01 Jan 1912 - 31 Dec 1921
Reference number:
687
Level of description:
Item
Type of materials:
Graphic materials
Source:
Photograph cabinets - Neilston
Access restrictions:
Unrestricted
Use restrictions:
UnrestrictedCopyright: East Renfrewshire Council
General notes:
The engine of the Comet was designed by engineer John Robertson, a native of Neilston. The unveiling ceremony was performed by Mrs. Glen of Carlibar, seen in the carriage in front of the monument. The monument is seen at its original site, which was next to the Glen Halls.A large duplicate is stored with the oversize photographs.
Places:
Language:
English
Record number:
9260833
