Viaduct and Mill, Busby
c. 1918
Archives
Find it!
A black and white photograph of a postcard showing Busby Lower Mill and Busby railway viaduct.
Title:
Viaduct and Mill, Busby
Date of work:
c. 1918
Reference number:
1916
Level of description:
Item
Type of materials:
IMG
Source:
Photograph cabinet - Busby
Access restrictions:
Unrestricted
Use restrictions:
UnrestrictedCopyright:
General notes:
Busby Lower Mill had various owners during its existence, including James Crum of the Crum family of Calico-printers in Thornliebank in the second half of the nineteenth century. The Busby Bleaching and Beetling Company ran the mill from 1888 to 1942. After this date it was owned by the Lower Mill Estate Ltd, Fernleigh Road, Newlands, until the building was destroyed by fire in 1968.
Language:
English
Record number:
9263136
